Friday, February 24, 2012

BUG 'UTCH #7: Love Now, Love Then, Love Yesterday #II w DaVinci

Listen: Love Now, Love Then, Love Yesterday

GoldManSilver, GoldManSilver by Gabriel Koneta

My first meeting with DaVinci was almost comical. The occasion was in the West Hollywood Whole Foods supermarket parking lot. I stand 5'8," but the rock n roll gunslinger who'd pulled in next to my motorcycle must have been almost a whole foot (not whole food) taller! To make things even more absurd, I was riding virtually the same "hog," only mine was the bigger brother model to his. Hmh—:) He was dressed to the nines and looked every part the rock 'n roll dude. Tall, super skinny, spiky blond locks, head to foot in black leather with the requisite r 'n r shades. Me; well, imagine a shaven headed techno dude from the UK with requisite hoody, and there ya haves it: Chalk vs Cheese! :)
DaVinci was the complete opposite of his image: a really mellow buddhist. Very gentle & precise in his diction. To cut a long story short, we found a mutual interest: He was a guitarist producer/I was a singer & music producer. We seemed to make a connection and so decided to try out a collaboration together.
In Hollywood there is much schmoozing and often, things do not materialize, so I was pleasantly surprised to find a Reason (music software) track in my email inbox. After a couple of false starts we hit a neat run in pretty catchy pop rock songs. This song was recorded on my second Artie Q cd, but I was never really happy with the beats. So, I recently returned to it to give it a lil bottom end oomph.
Since arriving in LA, I became introduced to Primal Therapy, by a good friend, and fairly much believe if I was to try therapy, this is the road I'd go down. Anyway, I have become much interested in PT, and think that it's founder Dr. Arthur Janov has shared a rocky road with conventional therapy, but resolutely stuck to his guns. Anyway, the subject matter seemed to fit nicely in my collab tune with DaVinci:
Love Now, Love Then, Love Yesterday NICE!

All tracks ©2011/12 primal mood music

1 comment:

ArtieQ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Link Referall


free web site traffic and promotion


BlogUpp!