Tuesday, October 11, 2011

BUG 'UTCH #3: COLLABORATIONS with MINDMOVIE

LOVE WILL NEVER KNOW THAT I LIVE HERE - Listen. Well, it's no secret that I'm a big fan and collaborator with the man, the myth, the Flaming Bess legend; He, who shall be known as MINDMOVIE! Anyway, it's Bug 'Utch time, again, and I'm mapping out more tracks for the Bug 'Utch cd. As I'm more interested in writing about issues that concern me "in the now," it's a little surprising that I should turn to an old song o' mine. It's something I wrote many years ago, but always had a hankering to give it a decent presentation. As I considered it further, I realized that it is strangely appropriate for my now situation as carer to my mother & father.  Even tho' the original set of lyrics/chorus wise were "late teenage/early twenties neurotic," with a slight "nip n tuck" here & there, verse wise, they are remarkably consistent with my current situation. (It is a really bizarre sensation to stand in the bedroom of your childhood only now looking at life through eyes of a mature adult—there is almost a feeling of life passing you by and nothing has changed or will ever change, and a further thought on from this: Love will never know that I live here.) So ... I sent the requisite chord changes and vocals to Mister M and he sent me back a fab backing track. I then decided to re write most of the verse vocals melodically and hey presto. Done & Dusted!


MR. Q: SUPERBAD CYBORG - Listen
A few days after I'd watched the movie, Universal Soldier, an old Jean Claude Van Damme flic, TheFutureDude sends me a track called Escape with the sample files from it. The atmosphere of his track took my imagination to the same place it had been whilst watching the movie. I thought that it would be a neat idea to combine the atmosphere of Mindmovie's track with the theme of the movie plus a few Q melodies & lyrics with me as the superbad killing cyborg who starts having flashbacks from his human past! Sent the track back to Mindmovie and he added some extra guitar ... and this is what we came up with. This is my mix, and in time, Mister M will be doing his own version. Hope you like it! -RTQ

No comments:

Link Referall


free web site traffic and promotion


BlogUpp!