Wednesday, August 10, 2011

BUG 'UTCH #2: I'M JUST FLOATING

Listen to FLOATING with Claas Reimer & Rainer Struck



So ... I'm still in the "Bug 'Utch" with track ideas (beats & sound samples) from The Dark Beat Meister. Do what you will with these, Artie, says MisterCee. 

Well, I've already written of CHAIN & CLOSER, now there's one other track that gets me going: a deep techhouse mix called JAZZ. Hmmm ... so, I lift piano samples & ambient noises and put them together with a chord change I've used before, and somehow a completely different melody, bpm and feel of lyric is developing from this new atmosphere. I wrote a song called BELIEF, a while ago, and this new track could quite easily be called BELIEF II. (Lyrically speaking, that is.)

A few months back, I heard a piece of music accompanying a video that I just loved by Rainer Struck called TWILIGHT, and realized what I needed to cohese all the piano samples was Mr. Struck's delicate flowing touch. Sure enough, Mr. Twilight came through with a solo that whenever I listen, makes me feel like I'm floating. Bravo, Rainer! I also dropped in selected parts towards the end.

I started collaborating with musicians about four years ago from all over the world through a now defunct web site, mi7. It was an amazing awakening for me. The ability to create with folk living half a world away was completely unheard of a few years earlier. I am still in awe of this opportunity, and when a song comes together like this, I remain gobsmacked! Thank you, boys. 

Yours in Gratitude, RTQ.

Ah, Gratitude: As near to spirituality as I get. :)




No comments:

Link Referall


free web site traffic and promotion


BlogUpp!