Saturday, May 28, 2011

BUG 'UTCH #1: CLOSER & CHAIN with CLAAS REIMER

Check out the tracks

 CLOSER    &   CHAIN
        





 


So there I am in the Bug 'Utch (my father's pet name for my recording space), when over the wires comes some track ideas with beat & sound samples from TheCeeMan (CLAAS REIMER, The Dark Beat Meister who resides here: http://soundcloud.com/claas-reimer ). Do what you will with these, Artie, says MisterCee

Hmm, thinks I, his "Gimmethebeat & Slower" are two tracks that tickle my creative gland. So here are the first two incarnations of those tracks. No doubt, TheCeeMan will produce his own inimitable takes on my takes of his tracks. (As I shall probably be inspired by some of his re-mixes and remix my mixes-Hah! Lookie Me—A friggin' DJ, now.)  I look forward to them, MisterCee. Nice!

Now, I don't know about about other songwriters, but I write about things in my life, life, if you will, very much from my perspective. (What is it you covet, Clerisse ...? You covet what you see—Right on, Hannibal.) Many things can change (and frequently do on my creative journey) in the organic development of a song (melody/chord structures/bass lines/beats), but usually the lyrical idea, if it is strong enough, will not.

So, what to write TheCeeMan's Slower about? ... hmm ... I look around the studio ... From time to time "friends from the arachnid origin" hang out way up in the 4 corners of the room. I don't really know why, as I keep a clean ship and there are rarely any tasty morsels passing through. So why are they hanging with The Q ...? Digging the sounds? Tired of the wild & wool-y outside? Who knows? ... Or, more nefarious reasons, perhaps??? Often they're there for quite some time and don't appear to have moved. A closer inspection reveals they're either dead or have shed their skin.

However this one is quite alive ... possibly he has taken a fancy to "something a lil larger" as it appears  to have gotten ... Closer ...? ... and if conquests are made here, maybe IT is looking to move into The Big House. YIKES! ;)

And Claas's GimmeTheBeat ...? It manifested itself in Chain, though I have to say that there is no depth or meaning on my part behind this rock n roll cliched jumble o' words other than I merely threw together a collection of lyrical images that appealed at the time. So, without further Ta-Da's, check out the sounds.

CLOSER         CHAIN

Nb. The tracks above are the first draft mixes, so they could possibly ahem, "evolve" some more by the time of the cd pressing.


I'm down on my hands and knees, I'm begging you,  yes please ... I'm waiting for the
CHAIN OF LOVE to arrive

All tracks ©2011 primal mood music

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at that! A new blog dedicated to the new album. Nice! It keeps me from nagging you about the release date.

And to answer your question, no, I am not from the vinyl persuasion. Those are from Nine Stones Close's main man Adrian Jones. An English musician who I met through the forum of the equally English band The Pineapple Thief. It turned out that he was also living in Leiden, only 15 minutes away (by foot, that is) from my dump (weird, isn't it?). I am trying to do some remixes of songs from his latest album.

Always nice to hear from you. I am looking forward to many more blog updates.

P.S.: It's 3M ofcourse, but blogger insists on calling me Anonymous.

ArtieQ said...

Hey, 3M.

Don't know why you are Anonymous. I have your blog/Clouds In My Head, listed as Hidden, and I don't know why or how to change it, though I am working on it. All the best, dude, with your creative projects. R

Link Referall


free web site traffic and promotion


BlogUpp!